Year 4 Homework 01.02.18:
- To continue to learn the recitation piece for the Eisteddfod.
- To learn the spelling words for Tuesday’s spelling test (06.02.18)
- To create a presentation about a Welsh castle (in Welsh) – further information below – by 13.02.18
As part of our theme ‘Castles and Dragons’ we are looking at aspects of Welsh castles.
We are keen for you to prepare a presentation on Welsh Castles to the class. Before you can complete any presentation, you need to research and collate information. We would then like you to prepare a 2-3 minute presentation on a Welsh castle. The presentation can be a power point presentation, Key note or any other form that may be appropriate. Remember- the focus is on your presentation skills so practice beforehand and keep it simple! It will need to be completed and presented in Welsh!
Success criteria for the task
- Research work (safe use of the internet*)
- To use graphs, images and drawings that may be appropriate.
- To justify your choices (Express your opinion)
- Speak clearly and confidently
- To use correct grammar and vocabulary.
What to include?
- Date castle was built/ Historical period
- Who built the castle?/ Who lived there?
- Castle’s location?
- Type of castle? (Motte and Bailey/ Concentric/ Stone Keep Castle)?
- Features- Moat/ Portcullis/ Walls/ Turrets/ Draw Bridge/ Dungeon
- What materials were used to build the castle?
- Anything else?
Useful websites for you
BBC- History- Castles http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/history/sites/themes/castles.shtml
The schoolrun.com http://www.theschoolrun.com/homework-help/castles
How to present and save the work
– Why not save /upload your PPoint to your HWB page?
– Why not e-mail it to your Hwb e-mail?
– Print it ahead of time ready to undertake your presentation
*Safe use of the Internet
Remember to ask permission before using the internet and use the suggested websites above. For more information on e-safety, please visit the following page on our school website http://www.ygmg.com/en/gwybodaeth/gwefannau-diddorol/
Thank you and enjoy!